So you’re a Manager for your team and your job is to set up PagerDuty. Wondering where to start? Not to worry - we are here to help!
The following action items will guide you through the process of setting up your team. Each step includes a quick training video and relevant links to our Knowledge Base. Have more questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Set up your user profile
Step 2: Make sure your team has been added to PagerDuty
- Go to Configuration > Users and search for your team members
- If you don’t see them listed, contact your Account Owner or a Global Admin to have your team members added (here’s a video: Adding Users to your Account).
Step 3: Add your Users to an On-Call Schedule
- Video: Creating a Schedule
- Video: Copying a Schedule to Make a Backup Schedule
- Walkthrough: Schedule Concepts
- Walkthrough: Schedule Examples
Step 4: Add your On-Call Schedules to an Escalation Policy
Step 5: Set up Services and Integrations
- Video: Creating a PagerDuty Service
- Walkthrough: Configuring Services and Integrations
- We integrate with over 150 tools - view our Integration Guides
Step 6: Test your Configuration
To watch an overview, check out this video: